Aberdeen foodies are in for a treat next week as Aberdeen Restaurant Week returns.
The initiative, organised by Aberdeen Inspired, will take place from Monday to Sunday July 21.
Thirty-six restaurants across the city – and the culinary spectrum – have signed up and are offering special two-course lunches for £10 and three-course dinners for £20.
Now returning for the fourth time, Aberdeen Restaurant Week also features Malaysian afternoon teas, tasting dinners, gin sampling and more.
See full map key at the bottom
Adrian Watson, chief executive of Aberdeen Inspired, said: “Aberdeen Restaurant Week is a great way to explore the city in a different way and discover the huge variety of options that Aberdeen has when it comes to eating out.
“From more established favourites to fantastic new offerings, we have a wide range of restaurants taking part and plenty to tempt all tastes.
“We would urge the public to check out this map and get out and about this Aberdeen Restaurant Week to support our local businesses.”
The Mariner Hotel in Aberdeen is taking part for the third time and owner Mike Edwards is delighted with how the project has developed.
He said: “This will be our third time participating in Aberdeen Restaurant Week.
After hearing all the great feedback from the inaugural event last year, we were keen to be part of this foodie festival.
“It gives all the participating restaurants a chance to showcase their offerings to a whole new audience and restaurateurs are always keen to try to make new regulars from first-time diners.
“There’s a huge range of different cuisines on offer this time around which is excellent and shows how diverse the menus have become.
“As our seafood restaurant Atlantis looks to celebrate its 40th anniversary, we are keen to introduce ourselves to a whole new generation of Aberdeen gourmets with the evening menu we are running next week.
“I see this festival continuing to grow year on year and eventually not just being something for Aberdonians to enjoy, but also as a great pull for food tourists to come and participate in as Aberdeen continues to improve its offering as a travel destination.”
The McGinty’s Group is also an avid supporter with three of its venues – The Stag, McGinty’s Meal An’ Ale and Ferryhill House Hotel – involved.
Jillian Miller, sales and marketing director, added: “It is fantastic to see Aberdeen Restaurant Week making a return following its previous successful campaigns.
“As a local business, it provides us with a great opportunity to showcase our offering to those who may not have dined with us before while also encouraging people to get out and explore the city centre and the amazing businesses in the area.”
Aberdeen Restaurant Week aims to increase footfall to local establishments across the Business Improvement District area and further afield.
For more information and for the full line-up of participating restaurants visit aberdeenrestaurantweek.com
List of all the venues participating
- Atlantis – The Mariner Hotel349 Great Western Road, Aberdeen AB10 6NW
- Avo/Sears – Ground Floor, 8-10 off Market Street, The Green, Aberdeen AB11 5NX
- Bistro Verde – Unit 1-2 The Green, Aberdeen AB11 6NY
- The Braided Fig – 39 Summer Street, Aberdeen AB10 1SB
- Brewdog Castlegate – 5-9 Union Street, Aberdeen AB11 5BU
- Cafe 52 – 52 The Green, Aberdeen AB11 6PE
- Cafe Andaluz – 5 Bon-Accord Street, Aberdeen AB11 6FX
- Cafe Boheme – 23 Windmill Brae, Aberdeen AB11 6HU
- Carmelite Hotel – Stirling Street, Aberdeen AB11 6JU
- Chaophraya – 1 Union Terrace, Aberdeen AB10 1NJ
- The City Bar & Diner – 37-39 Netherkirkgate, Aberdeen AB10 1AU
- Copthorne Hotel – 122 Huntly Street, Aberdeen AB10 1SU
- Da Vinci – 1 Alford Lane, Aberdeen AB10 1YB
- Di Maggio’s – George Street, Aberdeen AB25 1HZ
- Ferryhill House Hotel – 169 Bon-Accord Street, Aberdeen AB11 6UA
- Foodstory – 13-15 Thistle Street, Aberdeen AB10 1XZ
- Hop and Anchor – 33 Exchange Street, Aberdeen AB11 6PH
- Howies – 50 Chapel Street, Aberdeen AB10 1SN
- Jack’s Steakhouse and Grill – 150 Union Street, Aberdeen AB10 1QX
- Kirkview Cafe – 27-29 Union Terrace, Aberdeen AB10 1NN
- The Lounge Bar & Kitchen – 11 Market Street, Aberdeen AB11 5PY
- Mackie’s 19.2 – Marischal Square, Broad Street, Aberdeen AB10 1BL
- McGinty’s Meal An’ Ale – 504 Union Street, Aberdeen AB10 1TT
- Molly’s Bistro – Aberdeen Douglas Hotel, 43-45 Market Street, Aberdeen AB11 5EL
- Native – 31 St Andrew Street, Aberdeen AB25 1JA
- Prezzo – Unit A2 Marischal Square, Broad Street, Aberdeen AB10 1BL
- Revolucion de Cuba – The Academy Centre Courtyard, Belmont Street, Aberdeen AB10 1LB
- Revolution25 Belmont Street, Aberdeen AB10 1JS
- Selera Malaysia Bistro – 19 Correction Wynd, Aberdeen AB10 1HP
- Shri Bheema – 15-17 Belmont Street, Aberdeen AB10 1JR
- Sneap, Slow Food Pop-Up @ So… – So…, 269 Union Street, Aberdeen AB11 6BR
- The Spiritualist – 67 Langstane Place, Aberdeen AB11 6EN
- The Stag – 6 Crown Street, Aberdeen AB11 6HB
- The Station Hotel – 78 Guild Street, Aberdeen AB11 6GN
- Thaikhun – 29 First Level Mall Union Square, Guild Square, Aberdeen AB11 5RG
- Topolabamba – 367 Union Street, Aberdeen AB11 6BT