Want to test out your culinary skills in the kitchen? Well, this dish is sure to do just that.
Created by chef Rachel Green in association with Golden Turkeys, the delicious dish is the perfect way to make full use of any leftover turkey you may be stuck with this festive period.
Try it out for yourself with your very own Ledmacoy Turkey and follow the recipe below.
For the burgers:
- 1 tbsp oil1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 good pinch dried oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper, to season
- 2 tbsp leftover turkey gravy
- A dash tabascoA dash Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 300g leftover Golden Turkey breast, shredded
For the slaw:
- 250g brussels sprouts, outer leaves removed and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 apple, chopped (optional)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- A good handful fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustardA good squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 seeded burger buns, halved and lightly toasted
- 4 tbsp guacamole
- 4 tbsp tomato and coriander salsa
- Green pickled jalapeno chillies
How to make the burgers:
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, and add the onion, garlic, chilli, paprika, cumin and oregano and fry gently for two to three minutes, taking care not to brown the onion. Season with sea salt and black pepper. When the onion is soft, add all the other ingredients for the burger and mix well. Leave on the heat until the turkey is hot.
- Take the burger mixture out of the pan, divide it into four equal burger shapes and keep warm.
How to make the slaw:
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
How to assemble:
- Put the burgers on the bottom half of each bun and top with the guacamole and salsa, then place the other half of the bun on top.
- Serve with the slaw, some green pickled jalapeno chillies, and turkey crackling (optional) on the side.