The winners of the inaugural North-east Hair and Beauty Awards have been revealed.
In total 14 winners from across Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire were crowned at the black-tie event which took place at the Aberdeen Treetops Hotel.
More than 200 people attended the event which celebrated the talent in the industry within the region.
Some of the winners on the night included Andrew Dawson of Menspire who won the Best Barber of the Year, Belle Vie scooped the Best Beauty Salon of the Year award and The Beauty Den took home the Beauty Therapist of the Year award. Stonehaven’s Fusion won the Best Hair Salon of the Year award.
Organisers Etiom Events continued their annual fundraising activities by hosting a charity auction and fashion show, with all proceeds raised going to STV Children’s Appeal.
Managing director Gavin Esslemont of Etiom Events said: “On behalf of everyone at Etiom Events, I would like to congratulate all of our 2019 NEHBA winners.
“We have been overwhelmed by the support that this celebration has gained in such a short period of time. Even in its first year, the competition was of an extremely high standard, and it was humbling to see so many extremely talented, passionate local individuals from throughout the hair and beauty sector, gathered together in the same room, to celebrate all that is great about the north-east hair and beauty sector.
“It has never been more important to celebrate the good things in life, to recognise efforts and achievements, and to share good news in a way that can inspire others, motivate people to work hard, and encourage them to bring out the best in those around them.
“The Hair and Beauty sector in the north-east continues to grow and grow – 13% increase last year, to circa. 12,000 people in the North-East working in the industry, and this continues to grow year on year. Despite this, this sector in the North-East gets little or no local recognition. NEHBA has been created to celebrate this incredibly talented and hard-working sector and those individuals and businesses operating throughout the North-east.
“Our hope is that the awards continue to provide the platform for these celebrations, highlighting the incredibly talented individuals, innovative businesses and exciting new businesses that we have in this area.”
Full list of winners:
- Andrew Dawson of Menspire – Best Barber of the Year, sponsored by Lumberjack, Inc.
- Belle Vie – Best Beauty Salon of the Year, sponsored by North East Scotland College
- The Beauty Den – Beauty Therapist of the Year, sponsored by Beauty Booker
- Kelo Beauty – Best Brow Artist of the Year
- Beautylicious – Best Eyelash Technician of the Year
- Fusion – Best Hair Salon of the Year, sponsored by The House of Botanicals
- Jenny Gray – Make-up Artist of the Year
- Jema Baynes – Best Nail Technician of the Year
- Andrea McDougall of the Brown Cow – Best Tanning Technician
- The Studio Salon – The One to Watch category, sponsored by The Men’s Emporium
- Kayleigh Jaffray of Embrace – Colour Technician of the Year.
- Abby Gordon of The House of Hair – Assistant of the Year
- Grand Aura – Best Cosmetic/Aesthetic Practitioner
- K’s Eye Candy – Best Use of Marketing & Social Media, sponsored by Vita Liberata