Two north-east businesses have been recognised at a glamorous national makeup awards ceremony.
Aberdeen-based Beautex Clinic Permanent Makeup and Peterhead business Eyelashes & SPM both won accolades at the inaugural Official Makeup Awards 2018.
Held at the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel on Sunday May 27, the awards is a huge celebration of the British make-up industry.
Beautex Clinic Permanent Makeup won the Semi Permanent Make Up Specialist of the Year (Scotland) title and Eyelashes & SPM walked away with the Lash Extension Specialist of the Year (Scotland) award.
Thank you to all my clients without you I wouldn’t stand there !
Welcoming over 200 guests, The Official Makeup Awards recognises and rewards the efforts and dedication of the very best in Britain’s makeup industry.
The winners were chosen by members of the British public and are a true reflection of the talent, creativity and impeccable customer service – three key features that enhance the reputation of the British makeup industry nationally and internationally.
Fourteen awards were handed out on the evening, with several of the awards were split into local regions to ensure the diverse establishments from across Britain were recognised for their exceptional work.
Irfan Younis, CEO of Creative Oceanic – the organisers of the event, said: “We are very delighted to have welcomed such great finalists and winners at the inaugural Official Makeup Awards. It was a very inspiring night dedicated to those who have spent their whole career in making people look beautiful.
“The makeup industry plays a vital role in the Britain’s economy and we are very honored to see that our attempt to acknowledge and reward the meritorious professionals of the sector has been successful.
“We would like to congratulate all finalists and winners for their achievements!”
Scottish winners include:
- Semi Permanent Make Up Specialist of the Year Scotland: Beautex Clinic Permanent makeup (Aberdeen)
- Lash Extension Specialist of the Year Scotland: Eyelashes & SPM (Peterhead)
- Make Up Team of the Year Scotland: ONYX (Glasgow)
- Make Up Team of the Year Overall Winner: ONYX (Glasgow)
- Bridal Makeup Specialist of the Year Scotland: Zoo Hair & Beauty (Stirling)
- Bridal Makeup Specialist of the Year Overall Winner: Zoo Hair & Beauty (Stirling)
- Creative Makeup Artist of the Year Scotland: Catherine McCarter (Catherine McCarter Makeup, Glasgow)
- Freelance Makeup Artist of the Year Scotland: Lynn Stewart (Makeup by Lynn, Edinburgh)
- Training Academy of the Year Scotland: GlamCandy (Edinburgh)
- Make Up Salon of the Year Scotland: Diva’s Salon & Make Up Lounge (Glasgow)