Mrs. Murray’s Home for Stray Dogs and Cats in Aberdeen has launched a shoe box appeal for Christmas.
The animal shelter, which recently celebrated its 130th anniversary, is calling on locals to fill the boxes with cosy blankets, treats and toys for cats and dogs who will be in their care over the festive period.
Animal-lovers can leave their shoe boxes at the animal shelter on Brickfield in East Seaton or at one of the drop off points.
See the full list of drop off points below.
Mrs. Murray’s Home for Stray Dogs and Cats also released a “Christmas wish list” for their furry residents. See the list below.
- Dry complete food – for sensitive tums especially needed
- Tins/pouches food – sensitive tums, senior most needed
- Rubber squeaky toys – always needed!
- Footballs/Boomer balls
- Large cosy fleecy blankets
- Items to fill enrichment toys – dog friendly peanut butter, squeezy cheese, pots of pureed veg/pumpkin etc
- Dental sticks
- Low fat treats
- Whiskas Dry Complete
- Purina One Dry Complete – all ages
- Iams Dry Complete – all ages
- Pouches of wet food
- Gourmet/ Iams Pouches/tins for fussy cats
- Cat soups
- Lick e licks
- Dreamies/cat treats
- Cosy beds
- Cat nip toys