Follow the recipe below to recreate Thyme Out’s Hickory chicken salad at home.
For the chicken:
- Two chicken breasts
- BBQ sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
For the salad:
- Mixed salad leaves
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- A handful of sweetcorn
- 1 boiled egg, halved
- Half a red onion, sliced
- Half a pepper, sliced
For the homemade coleslaw:
- Half of a small white cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- Good quality mayonnaise to mix
- Marinate chicken breasts in the BBQ sauce and the crushed garlic for a couple of hours in the fridge.
- Cook the chicken in an oven-proof dish at 150 degrees celcius for approximately 25-30 minutes and then leave to cool.
- Place some salad leaves on a plate, top with some halved cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn, some sliced red onions and sliced peppers.
- To make the coleslaw, add all the ingredients together and mix thoroughly.
- Place half of the boiled egg on the side along with the homemade coleslaw.
- Serve with the cooked chicken nestled on top of the salad.tomato and bacon pasta