Teaming up with The Tippling House for Old Fashioned Week for a second time, owner Adrian Gomes has put a spin on the classic, incorporating chocolate and chilli into the traditional drink.
The global event, which runs until Saturday, shines a light on one of the oldest cocktails to date.
Putting a modern twist on it, why not try recreate this alcohol-forward drink in the comforts of your own home.
- 2 bar spoons of Crème de Cacao (dark)
- 2 dashes of Scotch Bonnet Bitters
- A few drops of lemon oil
- A spray of Amaretti Tincture
- 60ml of Buffalo Trace Bourbon
- Add Crème de Cacao, bitters, oil and tincture to a mixing glass, along with the bourbon.
- Stir over ice until the dilution and temperature has reached the desired level.
- Strain into a whisky tumbler over ice and garnish with a citrus peel and dehydrated red chilli.