Follow the recipe below to recreate Slains Castle’s Halloween-themed Joker cocktail.
- 20ml Giffard Grenadine (or enough to fully coat bottom of glass)
- 100ml Soda water
- 50ml Midori
- 40ml Orange juice
- 25ml London Dry Gin
- 25ml Blue Curaçao
- Pour Grenadine into the glass and slightly swirl until the bottom of the glass is fully covered.
- Fill the glass with ice until it is 2/3 full.
- Add soda water and then Midori over the ice, giving a break in colour between the green Midori and red grenadine.
- Slowly pour orange juice over the top – this is going to help layer the colours.
- Take a shaker of your choice, add ice and a couple of slices of lime.
- Add the gin and Curaçao and shake until the shaker is frosted.
- Strain slowly over the top of the bowl, making sure to cover the whole area. Blue Curaçao should mix slightly with orange juice to create a swirling green/blue “Joker” hair effect on top.
- As it’s almost Halloween, pop a few jelly snakes and skulls on top.