Follow the recipe below to recreate Poldino’s Coda di Rospo, capperi, pomodorino, e peperoncino at home.
- 2 oz butter
- 2 x 6 oz monkfish fillets
- Generous handful of cherry tomatoes – cut in half or quartered
- Small amount of finely chopped mixed chilli peppers – to taste
- 10 to 12 capers
- ½ freshly-squeezed lemon
- Freshly chopped dill and parsley
- Cut each fillet into 5 even medallions and dust with seasoned flour.
- Melt butter in a hot pan. Add a little oil as this will prevent the butter from burning.
- Gently fry the fish over a medium heat for about 2 minutes for each side. Add the chilli, capers and tomatoes when you turn the fish.
- Season and finish off with the herbs and the lemon juice.