Follow the recipe below to make Hudsons Catering’s lemon posset.
Ingredients (makes 6)
- 565ml double cream
- 160g caster sugar
- Juice of 4 Lemons (plus zest for garnish)
- Put the cream in a saucepan and measure in the sugar.
- Gently heat, stirring, until the sugar has melted. Bring to a light simmer and bubble for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and immediately stir in the lemon juice to the cream mixture.
- Whisk well to combine then Divide between pots or glasses, cool to room temperature, then carefully cover and chill for at least 3 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Garnish with zest and serve with homemade shortbread, and fresh local berries.