Follow the recipe below to recreate Foodstory’s sweet potato pancakes.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 425ml plain gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 nutmeg
- 1/4 ginger
- 1/4 cardamom
- 100ml sweet potato puree
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp rice malt extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 400ml almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- Combine the plain flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and ginger into a large mixing bowl and mix together.
- Once mixed, add the sweet potato puree, rice malt extract (agave or maple syrup will also work) and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in the almond milk until the mixture has a thick, syrup-like texture. Add a pinch of salt to the mix to flavour.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the coconut oil (olive oil or butter will also work).
- Once the pan is up to a high temperature, add some of the mix and let it form into a pancake-sized circle (around the size of your palm). Cook for a few minutes until golden before turning over and doing the same on the other side.
- Best served hot. Try serving with some homemade granola or fresh fruit to make your pancakes really stand out.