Follow the recipe below to recreate Foodstory’s Super Green Soup.
- 2 leeks
- 3 broccoli (with stalks), chopped
- 5 courgettes, chopped
- 2 100g bags of kale
- 2 100g bags of spinach
- 1 ginger (chopped, thumb size)
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- Splash of lemon juice
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- Cooking time is 50 minutes
- Sautee the leeks in your preferred oil, add the ginger turmeric and chilli flakes. We like to add a little salt at this point to help soften the leeks.
- Chop the broccoli and courgettes into similar sizes and add to the pot of leeks. Stir and allow the flavours to mix through.
- Add the vegetable stock, just covering the vegetables. Leave to simmer.
- Once the vegetables have softened, ladel away half of the liquid and set it aside. Courgettes hold a lot of water, so this ensures the soup doesn’t end up too thin.
- Add kale that has been de-stalked and broken into manageable pieces. Once it has softened slightly, add in the spinach and cook for a minute.
- Blend and put back enough of the set aside broth to make it to your preferred consistency.
- Taste and season the soup. At Foodstory, we always season with salt and lemon juice and sometimes we also use fresh black pepper.sweet potato pancakes