Fancy trying your hand at The Silver Darling’s seared Shetland scallops dish? Well now you can with this handy recipe.
- 16 medium scallops
- 50g pea shoots (washed)
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 85g roasted hazelnuts
- 60g olive oil
- 10g sherry vinegar
- First slice the apple, discarding the core, and chop into strips. Mix with half of the lemon juice and leave to pickle for at least an hour.
- Blitz the hazelnuts in a food processor until finely chopped but not too powdery, or chop by hand.
- Mix with the oil, the other half of the lemon juice and the vinegar and season.
- When ready to cook, place a large non-stick frying pan on a medium to high heat for a couple of minutes, mix the scallops with some vegetable oil and season well.
- Place scallops flat side down into the pan and sear until lightly caramelised (about 1 and a half to 2 minutes) turn over the scallops and lower the heat slightly and cook for the same length of time on the other side.
- Remove from the pan onto a piece of decent kitchen roll or a cloth to absorb the oil.
- Add four scallops to each plate and top with the apples, pea shoots and vinaigrette.